Light box is nice tool to displays images using modal box. jQuery is very popular for modal dialogs because of its very easy implementation and it make website more friendly and interactive.
FancyBox is a tool for displaying images, html content and multi-media in a Mac-style “lightbox” that floats overtop of web page.
Lightbox 2 allows you to present images in a slick window, while darkening the rest of the page. It makes your site look professional, and adds very little to page load times. It’s a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.
prettyPhoto is a jQuery based lightbox clone. Not only does it support images, it also add support for videos, flash, YouTube, iFrames. It’s a full blown media lightbox. The setup is easy and quick, plus the script is compatible in every major browser.
A light-weight, customizable lightbox plugin with many features:
- Supports photos, photo groups, slideshow, ajax, inline, and iframed content.
- Appearance is controlled through CSS so users can restyle the box.
- Can be extended with callbacks & event-hooks without altering the source files.
- Completely unobtrusive, options are set in the JS and require no changes to existing HTML.
- Preloads background images and can preload upcoming images in a photo group.
Facebox is a jQuery-based, Facebook-style lightbox which can display images, divs, or entire remote pages. It’s simple to use and easy on the eyes. Download the tarball, view the examples, then start enjoying the curves.